For in-school Drivers Ed, please ensure your student has their permit before the class begins. Students cannot stay in the class if they do not have their permit by STATE law. Please plan accordingly!
If you have any questions please contact Mr. Lythgoe:
2024 SUMMER DRIVER EDUCATION
Summer Driver Education will be offered at Woods Cross High School through the Davis County School District during the summer of 2024, and it is a blast. The classroom p01tion of this course will meet for 9 days, 3 hours per day; attendance each day is mandatory and non-negotiable. If your student is unable to c01m11it to attending all days, this is not the course for you. If a student misses a class, they will fail and not qualify for a license. Students must have a valid Learner Permit and payment before enrolling in this class, so please make the necessary steps to obtain a permit, Registration will begin online only, Friday March 1st at 7:30 AM and will remain open online until slots are filled. Make sure the permit number and issue date are provided at the time of registration or your name will be deleted from the registration and your spot will be filled. Slots will fill up quickly and space is limited. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration websites for March 1't @ 7:30 AM:
Morning Session 8-11 AM:
Afternoon session 3-6 PM:
The course meets all stale of Utah requirements for becoming a licensed driver, and upon completion of this course, .25 credit toward graduation for all Davis County School District students is available. The driving portion will not be completed during the dates of the course and will be provided by the instructors after the class dates. We provide driving groups in July. Each student will have six hours of calculated driving time and will be scheduled in addition to the time and dates spent in the classroom. For example, Class is held from June 17th to June 28th-driving groups will be after that in July.
INSTRUCTOR: Mr. Chad Lythgoe; firstname.lastname@example.org; 801-402-4532
WHEN: Two sessions will be taught during .June. Attendance all days are mandatory.
- June 17th - June 28th, 2023 (No Class will be held on .June 19th)
- Session IA 8:00 AM - 11 AM (40 Students)
- Session 1B 3:00 PM - 6 PM (40 Students)
PLACE: Woods Cross High School, Room 105 at the front of the school.
COST: $175.00 (Payment is required at the time of registration to bold your spot. Students will also need to provide their permit number and issue date, at this time). Please do not forget to input this information.
WHO: Students from Davis County School District that will be turning 16 or older during the months of June to December 2024.
- Each student should obtain their Learner Perm it at the Driver License Division prior to registration /'or the class and begin driving as soon as possible, Must hold a permit for six months.
- To obtain a Learner Permit, students must pass a written test at the DLD with 80% or higher; take in two forms of I.D. (Original Birth Certificate and Social Security Card), a parent/legal guardian, and pay a $19.00 fee, Visit the DLD website for practice tests.
- Behind the wheel training will be arranged by the instructor with each student. Students will drive during the months of July. We can also drive them during the school year.