- CTE Homepage
- Pathway Specialists & CTE Coordinators
- Areas of Study
- Other Programs
- Teacher Resources
Health Science Education prepares students for employment and/or continuing education opportunities in healthcare through technical instruction in the classroom, experiential education in the laboratory, work-based learning opportunities at clinical settings, and leadership skills through HOSA.
DSD Health Science Courses Offered (links to DESK standards):
- Biotechnology (DHS, FHS, NHS, SHS)
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Exercise Science/Sports Medicine
- Integrated Anatomy & Physiology (CHS, DHS)
- Introduction to Health Science (includes Health II)
- Medical Anatomy & Physiology (includes Medical Terminology & Case Studies in Health Science)
- Medical Forensics (NHS, SHS)
- Nurse Assisting (DHS, FHS, MHS, SHS, VHS)
Senior students also have the option of doing a health care related internship and/or take courses at Davis Technology College. Contact the CTE Coordinator at your high school for more information.
HOSA is the extracurricular student organization for Health Science Education. HOSA's two-fold mission is to promote career opportunities in the health care industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. HOSA's goal is to encourage all health science instructors and students to join and be actively involved in the HSE-HOSA Partnership.
Contact the HOSA Advisor at your high school for information on joining.
Utah has 4,145 HOSA members in 89 chapters.