August 20th, 2019
First Day of School Schedule
Late Start A/B Day Schedule
School Breakfast will be served from 7:15 a.m.–8:15 a.m.
Buses will run on the regular schedule
8:30 – 9:05 1st Period
9:10 – 9:45 2nd Period
9:50 – 10:25 3rd Period
10:30 – 11:05 4th Period
11:10 – 11:45 5th Period
11:50 – 12:25 6th Period
12:25 – 1:00 Lunch
1:05 – 1:40 7th Period
1:45 – 2:20 8th Period
School will begin Tuesday, August 20 at 8:30 AM since Tuesdays are late start days.
- Pay Registration Fees
- Fee Waiver Form
- Student Information Form
- Policies and Acceptable Use Agreement
- Parking Decals
- Yearbook Pictures
- School Lunch Information
- Login to my.DSD
- Click on the down arrow next to the "Payments" heading
- Click on "Pay for fees/lunch"
- Click on "Fees/Fines Owed: and pay for registration fees ( all fees showing under this tab must be paid in order for students to see their schedule on August 8th
- Select Optional Registration Fees tab - pay for individual fees such as Yearbook, Parking Pass, Spirit Shirt, Instrument Rental, Driver's Ed, Athletic Participation
- When all fees have been selected, proceed to checkout and pay fees
- Print a copy of your receipt
If you wish to apply for a fee waiver, print and fill out the fee waiver form and submit to the school with income verification. A new fee waiver form must be submitted each school year at the beginning of the year. Fee waiver appoval is not retroactive and is only granted from the date a fee waiver form is submitted to the school.
You can also click on the link below and fill out the questionnaire if your student can qualify for services through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
Information on the Student Information Form should be reviewed and updated yearly. You can view and print your student's information form through my.DSD.
- Login to my.DSD
- Click on Academics drop down menu, click on reports
- Under the student information heading, select student information form
- A printed copy of this form will be sent home at the beginning of the school year for you to update and return to their 1st period class.
If you wish to opt your student out of media interviews/photography/videotaping you will need to fill out the form on the link below and return it to the school through the same methods as above:
These forms must be signed electronically through my.DSD. Students access to school computers will be inactivated if the acceptable use agreement is not signed.
- Login to my.DSD
- Click on tools
- Click on sign documents
- Read and digitally sign all listed forms
Both students and parents are required to electronically sign the forms, and thereby agree to comply with the terms and conditions of each, as well as all other policies as listed on the WXHS and David District websites. Parents must login and sign. Students must also login and sign.
Parking at Woods Cross High is a privilege! Parking is regulated with parking tags. The parking lot is patrolled so that vehicles belonging to our school community may be identified insuring that the parking lot is safe and utilized to the maximum benefit. Read the instructions below to obtain a parking decal.
To purchase a decal:
- Pay for a decal through my.DSD, Optional Fees
- Click on the link below, print and fill out the parking form, and return it to the school. We must have payment plus a form filled out and signed by both the student and the parent in order to issue a decal. Parking decals can be picked up at the office on Yearbook Picture Day, August 14th.
CONDITIONS FOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND PARKING TAG PURCHASE
- One parking tag, per semester, may be issued to juniors and seniors only.
- All vehicles that will be driven to school must be recorded along with its license plate number
- Tags must be purchased at a cost of $5.00.
- Tags must be hung from the rearview mirror with the number facing out.
- Students must have no outstanding parking fines.
- Students must not have any outstanding U's.
- Students must agree to abide by the rules which govern parking at Woods Cross High.
- New parking tags will be issued at the beginning of second semester, all students must purchase a new parking tag, for $5.00, if they want to park on campus. All U’s and parking fines must be cleared up before the new tag will be sold.
· PARKING CITATIONS will be issued to students who do not comply with the established parking rules. Parking fines will be $15.00 per infraction.
· AFTER THE FIFTH UNPAID PARKING CITATION, parents will be notified via a letter that a student has lost the privilege of parking on campus until all fines are paid.
· PURCHASING a parking tag does not guarantee a parking stall, they are on a first come basis only.
· A STUDENT MAY LOSE THE PRIVILEGE of parking at Woods Cross High School, if, in the judgment of the administration, the number of parking citations is excessive, or if parking lot behavior is inappropriate and reckless.
· ANY STUDENT that is in possession of a parking tag that was not issued to them will be fined $25, given an administrative U, and their parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the school year.
· UNPAID PARKING TICKETS will result in denial of a yearbook and transcripts. Students may also be denied participation in graduation ceremony.
Disclaimer: Woods Cross High School is not responsible for vandalism, vehicles that are stolen from school property, or articles that are stolen from a vehicle parked on school property. Please do not leave valuables in your car. Lock doors and windows.
Yearbook picture day is August 14th from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Purchasing a picture package is optional, but students must have a picture taken for their ID card. All students will be required to wear their ID badge during school hours beginning this year. There is no charge for pictures unless you purchase a package.
If you wish to purchase a package you can view the options through the link below:
Checks for picture packages should be made out to Lifetouch Photography - NOT to Woods Cross High.
Students not able to attend yearbook picture day on August 14th can have their picture taken on the make-up days after school starts. Make-up days will be held during school hours on September 3rd and October 7th.
Click on the link below to see information about school lunch or how to apply for free or reduced lunch. All free/reduced lunch applications must be submitted on line.
August 14 - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Students will need to come to the school on August 14th to have a YEARBOOK PICTURE taken. This picture will provide an ID card whether or not you choose to pay for a picture packet. If you are unable to have your picture taken this day you can take them during one of the make-up days after school begins, although an ID card can not be issued until after the pictures are taken. Make-up days will be held September 3rd and October 7th.
Parking decals can be picked up at this time.
Student schedules will be available to view on my.DSD beginning August 8th, 2019. If first semester changes need to be made there will be a $10.00 fee and an appointment can be made on my.DSD between August 8th - 13th for the following days:
August 13th - Senior schedule changes 8:00-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-4:00 p.m.
August 14th - Junior schedule changes 1:00-4:00 p.m.
August 15th - Sophomore schedule changes 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
2nd Semester schedule changes will be held in January.
Please call the counseling office after August 5th, 2019 at 402-4507 for any questions regarding schedule changes.